In today’s post I am going to talk about cannabis milk or Marijuana milk , where I will explain its properties, qualities and most importantly, its preparation.
The first thing you should know is that marijuana is fat soluble. To squeeze out all the cannabinoids and release the THC, it is necessary to combine it with some fat using heat. To make Cannabis milk correctly you have to use milk with the highest amount of fat possible. The best option is whole milk.
You will read about:
WHAT IS CANNABIS MILK?
In short, it is milk that contains cannabinoids, either THC or CBD.
Cannabis milk is a healthy, easy and fast way to consume marijuana making the most of the therapeutic properties of cannabis. It is the perfect option for all those people who are not smokers or just want to keep their lungs clean and their stomachs full.
The milk of marijuana as well as being ideal for consuming for therapeutic purposes, is perfect as a base for many elaborations. You can use it to add the cannabis touch in those preparations that contain milk, pastries for example.
HOW TO MAKE CANNABIS MILK?
To prepare cannabis milk you don’t need any special tools. The tools can be found in any kitchen. You only need two saucepans and a strainer.
For the realization it is very important that the cooking temperature does not exceed 100ºC. Avoid boiling the milk. IF you find it difficult to control the temperature, I recommend you carry out the process in a water bath, so that you will avoid, above all, that the temperature rises above boiling.
You have to perform two processes. First the preparation of the marijuana and secondly, heating and curdling the treated marijuana and the whole milk.
MAKE CANNABIS MILK WITH BUDS, LEAVES OR BRANCHES?
Normally many growers make a selection. It separates the marijuana buds from the leaves, branches and stems, but this is a process that not all of us carry out. Keep in mind that in addition to the marijuana buds, the leaves, branches or stems also have properties that you can take advantage of.
Although most of the THC of the plant is preserved in the buds, the marijuana leaf, branches or stems retain a percentage of CBD intact. Therefore, you can use for the preparation of cannabis milk: marijuana buds, leaves, branches and stems. This option is also valid for making infusions or tinctures.
You must bear in mind that depending on the marijuana base you use, the mixture will have different effects. All this I will explain later.
INGREDIENTS FOR MARIJUANA MILK.
- 1 liter of water, preferably mineral.
- 500ml Whole Milk
- 1-4 grams of Marijuana
The dose of marijuana for every 500ml of milk will vary according to the type of consumer. The most recommended option is to use 1 gram of marijuana for every 250ml of milk. From there you can raise or lower the amount of grass according to your taste.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARING CANNABIS MILK.
As you will see below, you don’t have to be a Master Chef:
- Place the liter of water in a saucepan over high heat. When he begins to take a high temperature, introduce marijuana. This process is done to remove traces of dirt from the marijuana and most of the chlorophyll. After this process, the marijuana will lose its natural green color a little. Keep it in the boiling water for 5-10 minutes. Since the water is not a greasy matter, it will only clean the marijuana. It will not cause you to lose properties.
- While the marijuana cleaning process is being carried out, add the milk to another saucepan and let it slowly take up temperature (remember never to boil).
- When the necessary time for purging the marijuana has passed, it is time to drain it and place it in the hot milk (discard the water).
- As I have mentioned before, it is very important that the milk never reaches boiling temperature but that it remains hot. Stir the mixture occasionally. If you have complications, it is best to perform the process in a water bath. Forgive the redundancy.
- Keep the mixture at temperature for around 45min or 1 hour so that the milk correctly absorbs all the THC and CBD from the marijuana buds.
Finally, pass it through a fine strainer, cheesecloth or mesh and let it rest and cool.
HOW TO DRINK MARIJUANA MILK.
As I mentioned before, when consuming marijuana milk we must differentiate between various types of users: regular or occasional. Logically, regular consumers will have the body most used to THC and CBD. On the contrary, occasional consumers will have to show special care when consuming cannabis milk.
Like any other cannabis product consumed by ingestion, the effect is not immediate. I recommend that you consume the milk gradually.
If you have had a whole glass or half of cannabis milk and you see that the effect is not yet noticeable, do not consume more. Be patient as the effect may take more than half an hour to arrive. If you are not patient and drink more, the effect will be double later and you may experience an extremely powerful and not at all pleasant effect. Being able to cause dizziness and vomiting. It is worth going very little by little rather than overdoing it.
It is heard that before consuming the infusion of marijuana milk it is advisable to take some type of fats or sugars to increase the level of these in our body and that the effect of cannabis milk does not annihilate us!
BENEFITS OF CONSUMING MARIJUANA MILK.
Marijuana milk is one of the healthiest and most beneficial drinks in the cannabis world. As you already know, marijuana contains many beneficial elements for health as well as for therapeutic uses. Therefore, marijuana milk contains a number of vitamins, minerals and natural compounds that are ideal for alleviating some diseases.
Some of the most prominent benefits of consuming marijuana milk are:
- Helps fight nausea.
- Reduces chronic pain: thanks to its long duration in the body, marijuana milk is ideal for relieving pain from diseases such as cancer, multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Relieves Bowel Problems: Cannabis milk interacts with endogenous cannabinoid receptors in the digestive tract, relieving pain and relaxing muscles.
- Prevents the development of Alzheimer’s disease: cannabinoids are neuroprotective, so small doses of THC slow down the production of proteins characteristic of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Calms anxiety and depression: Neuroprotective cannabinoids help regulate emotional behavior, which is why cannabis milk is ideal to relax the mental state.
EFFECTS OF CANNABIS MILK.
I am going to make a simple differentiation between cannabis milk that has been made with marijuana buds of Indica genetics or that made with marijuana buds of Sativa genetics.
With cannabis milk prepared with Indica marijuana buds, you experience a powerful and above all very relaxing high. You will lose the desire to do any pending task and we will notice a feeling of incredible mental relaxation. Perfect to disconnect or stop thinking for a while. In this case, this type of infusions with Indica varieties are ideal for consumers who suffer from stress problems, muscle problems, chronic and intestinal diseases, etc.
With cannabis milk made from sativa marijuana buds, the high is totally different from indica. It should be noted the power that you will feel accompanied by an internal high that you can relate to symptoms of euphoria. With this you will be able to enhance creativity, the desire to talk, to go out, to laugh and to do things. At the same time, an internal relaxation will run through your body, reaching the brain and causing, at times, to think and imagine things above our reality.
Knowing these two differentiating factors, you should know that the effect that you have to look for with marijuana milk will not be denoted until half an hour after having consumed or even more. Afterwards, the high will be on you for several hours, which can reach 4 or 5 hours.
We recommend consuming with caution to enjoy a pleasant evening for a good time with laughter and inner peace. Ideal for after a hard day at work, falling asleep or for a meeting of friends with whom you will laugh without stopping.