Making your own homemade root stimulator has many benefits for your plants, in addition to helping you control exactly the type of product you are adding.
In this article we are going to show you how to prepare it using different ingredients as a base, but first we are going to see a little basic theory:
You will read about:
WHAT IS A ROOT STIMULATOR FOR AND WHAT ELEMENTS SHOULD IT HAVE?
A home-made root stimulator is a type of rooting agent that helps to stimulate the root development of plants; that is, it facilitates their growth.
In the case that it is in the flowering phase, using a stimulator could improve the growth and development of the bud.
The stimulator that we are going to prepare is based on the presence of auxins .
WHAT ARE AUXINS
The auxin are one of the key components that have most products used as natural enraizantes in the market. They are phytohormones that have the role of regulating plant growth.
They are synthesized naturally by the plants in the stems and move to other parts of the plant where they may be required.
They are used by farmers to accelerate the growth of some vegetables: for example, it can be a good stimulator of marijuana roots .
HOW TO MAKE A HOMEMADE ROOT STIMULATOR
HOMEMADE LENTIL-BASED ROOT STIMULATOR
To make this stimulator we will need 100 grams of lentils .
- We soak them overnight and drain the water the next day. The water will have a high proportion of auxins , so we must save it.
- We place the lentils on damp napkins until they grow about 3 cm from the root. Cut the roots and discard the rest.
- Crush that set, leave them submerged in water in a dark area and the next day mix with the water you reserved in point 1).
And that’s how easy you can have some homemade rooting hormones that will allow you to stimulate flowering.
HOMEMADE COFFEE-BASED ROOT STIMULATOR
We can also use coffee to make the rooting agent. In this case, we will not need more than a small handful of coffee beans for every 500 ml of water that we want to obtain.
- We put the water to boil along with the grains.
- Strain the liquid and let it cool in the fridge.
- When you want to use the stimulator, you just have to group the cuttings in a series of handfuls and put them in the strained liquid for a few minutes.
HOMEMADE ROOT STIMULATOR BASED ON WHEAT CEREALS
A third way to get homemade rooting is by using wheat cereals .
- We immerse the seeds for about 5 hours. Afterwards, we will remove the water, filter it and reserve it.
- We keep the seeds on a damp cloth until the next day.
- When time passes, we add the water to the seeds again, let it rest for 60 minutes and do the process again.
- We will know that everything is going well when we see the germinated seeds with a size of 1 cm. Then we grind everything until we get a paste that we will have to filter.
We already have a homemade root stimulator.
Try these 3 homemade root stimulators and you will see how you can speed up the growing time, even until you get more abundant crops.